Terms & Conditions
“Training for Trading” Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. The competition “Training For Trading” is hosted on a London Academy of Trading Facebook page. In order to benefit from the Competition entrants must complete the registration form and submit an answer for the question asked. The London Academy of Trading Facebook page can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/LATeducation?fref=ts
2. In order to be eligible to enter the Competition, contestants must be over 18 years of age and reside in the United Kingdom.
3. Please note any reference to a "registration form" refers to the form in which participants have to submit their information.
4. The Competition is open from 14/01/2015 to 15/02/2015, and only registration forms submitted during this period will be considered. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. The answers submitted by participants may be published on the London Academy of Trading’s website as well as any Social Media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram), where the answers will be used as content to promote the campaign and the brand.
6. In order to take part, entrants must enter a valid answer to the question “If you had £10,000 where would you invest it and why?” and submit their contact details, including first name, last name, email address and city.
7. The winner will be determined by a panel of faculty members of the London Academy of Trading. The criteria that will be evaluated are: creativeness, level of thought towards the final answer, and the answer itself.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The competition will be applied at the school’s sole discretion.
10. The winner of the Competition will receive an email notifying how to claim the Prize after the announcement and after the final day of entry.
11. The winner will be entitled to the following prize: A free one-month online trading programme including 1 week on-site at the LAT campus in London. The prize does not include accommodation or transportation. For the avoidance of the doubt, costs related to accommodation in London and transportation to and from the London Academy of Trading campus should be covered by the winner.
12. The winner must use the prize within 12 months after being notified. The London Academy of Trading reserves the right to restrict or disable access to the prizes after this time.
13. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 48 hours, the London Academy of Trading reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. The replacement winner will be the participant with the second best answer.
14. Employees of the London Academy of Trading, their immediate families, press, agencies, sponsors and commercial partners or any other persons directly or indirectly connected with the school or with the London School of Business and Finance (UK) Limited are not eligible to enter the Competition.
15. The London Academy of Trading’s decision is final and binding, and no correspondence pertaining to the decision will be entertained.
16. The Prize is not transferable and the winner will not be able to claim the cash equivalent of the Prize.
17. The Prize is subject to availability and the London Academy of Trading reserves the right to substitute any prize with another equivalent value without giving notice.
18. The London Academy of Trading will not be liable for the prize. No claims for payment or compensation will be entertained.
19. The London Academy of Trading reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
20. By entering this Competition an entrant is indicating his or her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
21. Subject to the winner's approval the London Academy of Trading may use the winner's name or image for advertising and promotional purposes related to this Competition and will receive no compensation for this.
22. The School will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations under these terms and conditions that is caused by events outside its reasonable control (Force Majeure Event). This includes, but is not limited to: supplier unavailability; impossibility of use of the public or private transport; fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
23. The School excludes all liability and responsibility for loss or damage to students or any third party that may result in connection with this competition. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude liability for (a) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); or (b) fraud; or (c) any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
24. No failure or delay by the School of exercising any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
26. A person who is not party to these terms and conditions shall not have any rights under or in connection with then under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
27. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the student and the School both agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.