NECB Entry Requirements
Entry requirements for all NECB programmes:
- Online Application for admission through the Student Enrolment Portal
- Payment of $75 application fee (one-time, non-refundable), which NECB agrees to waive for International Students recruited by LAT.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college in the U.S. with a 2.70 GPA or higher or foreign credential equivalent established by a third party evaluation agency.
- Official copies of all college/university-level transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) along with program and course descriptions if student is seeking to transfer credit
- Essay (approximately one-two pages) describing how the graduate program will help student achieve his/her long and short term personal and professional goals.
- Current resume
- Student Financial Agreement or financial loan documentation if student is seeking alternative funding
The Program Chair or other qualified College administrator will evaluate and approve applications to ensure that admissions requirements have been satisfied.
Optional: the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required. However, you can submit scores to strengthen your application.
Please note the importance of acquiring a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college in the U.S. with a 2.70 GPA or higher or foreign credential equivalent established by a third party evaluation agency.
Students who complete the LAT Level 5 Diploma in Applied Financial Trading with a satisfactory result of 70% or higher, in addition to having earned a Bachelor’s Degree, may have the credits earned in their program toward two (2) concentration courses in the MSF-GFT Program through NECB’s process of review of prior learning assessment.
Transcripts for both the Level 5 Diploma, demonstrating satisfactory completion of the Diploma, as well as a transcript from the baccalaureate granting institution are required for admission to the MSF-GFT Program with a concentration in International Financial Trading.
Students who do not already have foundational coursework in finance and statistics may be conditionally accepted, subject to completion of up to 2 prerequisite courses: Corporate Finance and Statistics. These courses must be completed with at least a 2.7 (B-). Students may also complete these courses with at least a 2.7 (B-) at another institution, in accordance with these admissions requirements, and transfer them in for credit.
And in addition to the General Admission Requirements, please note the following requirements:
Foreign language students must submit a TOEFL or IELTS testing scores that meet the following New England College of Business admissions requirements for admittance to Graduate Programs:
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- A score of 550 or higher on the paper-based TOEFL test
- A score of 90 on the online version of TOEFL (iBT)
- International English Language Testing System exam (IELTS)
- A score of 6.0 or higher
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)
- A score of 650 or higher